About Eyelash Extensions
Eyelash extensions are false eyelashes in which we adhere 1 single extension or a fan for each of the natural eyelashes you have. You can comb them and the best thing is that each natural eyelash grows in its own cycle, without pain, pulling or pinching.
Our specialists will choose a design especially for you, showing a flattering and naturally beautiful appearance according to the shape of your eyes and the location of the arch of the eyebrows.
Eyelash extensions in general should not damage your natural eyelashes if it is applied correctly. Please note that if long or heavy extensions are applied in another salon, they will eventually damage your natural lashes and eventually you may not be able to use extensions.
Our priority is your health, to be a candidate you must consider the following:
- Your eyes must be healthy and free from infection.
- You must be fully recovered from eye surgery.
- You should feel comfortable lying down for a few hours;
- Consult your physician if you are pregnant and / or have medical conditions, recovering from treatments, taking medications, or have allergies.
- You should not rub your eyes frequently.
- If you are allergic and with super sensitive skin you may have a reaction.
- If you have a cold, flu or cough, wait until you fully recover to schedule your appointment.
- If you unfortunately suffer from alopecia or have a considerable loss of natural eyelashes, we will not be able to apply a set of extensions, since these are placed on your natural eyelashes.
The duration can be from 2 to 4 weeks, however, it all depends on several factors, we mention some below:
- It will mainly influence the care you give to your extensions.
- Consider that every day you will lose 3 to 5 natural eyelashes, this is totally normal and is due to the fact that each person’s body is different and in turn each eyelash has its own growth cycle.
- Keep in mind that we lose more extensions in one eye due to the way we sleep.
- Ingest certain medications that influence the growth of the natural eyelash and its structure.
- Although you can exercise and enjoy the sea and the pool with your eyelash extensions, keep in mind that excessive sweating, steam, constant exposure to ovens among other things can cause you to not have a long-lasting retention.
- The hormonal cycle or some hormonal disorder can also have a negative influence, as well as low levels of estrogen or progesterone.
- It is totally painless. Most of our clients enjoy a relaxing nap and when they wake up they have a spectacular look. Both in the initial session and in the fillings the procedure will be the same.
- On average this procedure takes 2 to 3.5 hours depending on the set you choose.
- During your first appointment we perform a deep cleaning of the natural eyelashes and the contour of the eye, we make the design, we choose the length of the extensions and we begin to apply them.
- During your touch-up appointment we again perform a deep cleaning on your eyelashes and the eye contour, we remove the extensions that have grown too much and make the design look unharmonious as well as we fill in the natural eyelashes that need extensions.
- It is important that you know that the extensions are applied on each natural eyelash and never on the skin to avoid allergic reactions, pain or inflammation.
If you can shower and swim, but only after completing the curing process that occurs in the first 24 hours after application. If you wet them before the recommended time with water, steam, rain or tears then the adhesive will expand, turn grayish in color and its retention will be very poor.
It is difficult to keep track of how many eyelash extensions are applied because each person has more or less natural eyelashes and the conditions of the same will also influence them. However, we make sure to place the extensions that are necessary to give you the desired look without damaging your lashes.
- Come to your appointment with clean eyes and makeup free.
- Avoid caffeine and any stimulants. Your eyes move involuntarily and stimulants will increase this action. For our service, it is crucial that we have a stable surface to work with to provide you with a quality result.
- Be ready to relax, sit still, and enjoy your experience.
- We do not accept companions so come to your appointment alone. We strive to maintain a relaxed and safe environment for all of our clients. The experience we provide is totally relaxing in a comfortable and quiet environment. Our specialists require extreme precision and great concentration while using very sharp tools.
- Please silence your cell phone. We want to create a relaxed environment where you can take a nap and if you are talking on the phone you will make involuntary movements that can cause the specialist to take longer than scheduled. In addition to causing inconvenience to other customers.
- Don’t wet your lash extensions for the next 24 hours with water, steam, or sweat.
- Brush the eyelash extensions daily in the morning and at night.
- Keep your extensions clean, wash them at least 3-4 times a week. If you wear makeup or have oily skin, wash them daily.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes excessively.
- Do not pull off the extensions.
- Don’t use eyelash curler on extensions.
- Do not use products that contain oils in the eyes.
- Don’t use mascara.
- Avoid sleeping on your stomach.
- Avoid getting close to extreme heat like oven, grill, be sure to wear eye protection while in the tanning booth etc.
- Schedule your fill in advance. It is recommended every 15 days maximum 21 days.
If it is the first time in our Study, we suggest that you schedule your appointment at least 3 days before your event, this will allow you to resolve in the event that you develop an allergy.
Unfortunately we do not perform fillings of extensions that have been done in another salon. Each specialist has different materials, criteria and techniques so we cannot guarantee that the extensions will meet your requirements. If you have eyelash extensions that you had in another salon, I recommend you wait until you want to remove them and you can request the removal and cleaning service for an additional price. You must notify it when scheduling the appointment because although it is a simple procedure it will take us around 20 to 30 minutes. This will allow us to assess the health of natural eyelashes in general and to follow up on their recovery if necessary.
About Micropigmentation or Microblading
Our goal is to please our clients, so it is necessary to make a prior consultation to evaluate the skin, the technique to be used, the client’s tastes, which technique is a candidate and especially if it does not have any contraindication that prevents us from doing the procedure. Safely.
In addition, we will agree on how you should prepare for your appointment and we will talk lightly about the care. If you accept, sign the consent and make the reservation payment.
Microblading is the latest trend in permanent makeup, it is done using a special hand tool that deposits a small amount of pigment between the dermis and epidermis through subtle cuts made to the skin to create fine lines that look like hairs. Microblading results are quite natural as the drawn hairs and natural hairs combine to simulate and create the perfect brow shape, also considering the application of a custom blended color. This procedure is recommended if you would like to give it a slightly more defined, but super natural design. Its effect will last approximately 8 months to 1 year and a half depending on skin type and lifestyle. All results vary. Not recommended for oily skin. The procedure takes approximately 3.5 hours.
This technique consists of making a powder effect with a dermograph by shading the eyebrows to give it definition, depth and color for up to 2 or 3 years depending on the type of skin and lifestyle. All results vary. This effect makes you look subtly made up and beautiful always. Recommended for all skin types.
This technique is everyone’s favorite since it allows combining the naturalness of microblading with the makeup effect of permanent shading. Provides color, definition to the eyebrows in a special way, it manages to fill even better the empty spaces in the eyebrows. Its duration is 2 to 3 years depending on the type of skin and lifestyle. All results vary. Recommended for all skin types.
It depends on the pain threshold of each client, however, for greater tranquility and comfort of the client, a topical anesthetic is applied before the session and throughout the procedure. It’s actually more of a bearable annoyance.
Spot bleeding is expected during the procedure, but keep in mind that you should follow the recommendations given prior to treatment to avoid excessive bleeding and inflammation as this would cause the pigment to fade and poor color retention. So you may need more than one touch-up to achieve the desired results. The technician will not be able to assess whether or not you are bleeding until the procedure has started.
Yes, you can come in at least 1 week before your appointment for an allergy test. Note that since a small area is tested, it may not really reveal if you are allergic, as some people develop allergies due to the amount of product (s).
To perform a permanent makeup procedure you must ensure that you meet the following conditions:
- Be over 18 years of age.
- Not be allergic to pigments or have not had an allergic reaction prior to a micropigmentation procedure.
- Not having any of the medical conditions or considerations mentioned below:
- Shingles or cold sores
- Melanomas on the skin (Skin cancer)
- Healing problems (Keloid formation)
- Alopecia in the area to be treated
- Dermatitis, eczema, rosacea or psoriasis in the area to be treated.
- Chronic acne in the area to be treated
- Heart problems
- High blood pressure
- Use of acne medications
- Have taken Accutane in the last 4 months.
- Being in dermatological treatment in the facial area
- Being pregnant or breastfeeding
- Having radio or chemotherapy
- Have plastic surgeries in the facial area in the next 2 months
- Have applied Botox in the last month.
- Having undergone an abrasive treatment on the skin such as chemical peeling, microdermabrasion, laser in the last month. Plan to apply Botox to me in the next 2 weeks.
Text a picture to 404-918-2719 of your previous tattoo and the specialist will decide if they can go over it. Sometimes they will ask you to come in for an in-person consultation to see if you can make adjustments and assess what your goals are. If the above tattoo is dark, extremely uneven, or dramatically, we may not be able to achieve the exact shape, symmetry, or color that you want. If the technician agrees to go ahead, multiple sessions may be required and results are not guaranteed.
No. Working on another artist’s work can be challenging and time consuming, and success is not guaranteed, therefore all new clients are considered a new service, ie initial session plus touch-up. Without exception!
Yes, you will still need to remove hair out of the brow shape and keep it groomed for optimal appearance.
No, microblading / ombre powder eyebrows do not inhibit hair growth and you will need to keep it groomed as usual, be it with wax, thread or tweezers.
Not on the brows for at least 7-10 days, but anywhere else is fine. Chemicals found in makeup and cleansers can alter pigment color and affect the healing process. Follow only what is in the aftercare booklet that was given to you.
This is a procedure that needs attention and dedication. Please plan with at least 3 to 4 hours approximately, it is likely that it will take less, but come early to offer detailed attention and obtain optimal results. Remember that your eyebrows will be the canvas of our specialists in whom we want to stand out and achieve magnificent results.
One of the contraindications to performing this procedure is being pregnant or breastfeeding.
At least 2 sessions are needed to obtain the desired and optimal results, that is, the initial session plus the touch-up. Additional touch-ups (for a minimal charge) may be needed on oily skin for best results, as they all heal differently and many factors can lead to varied results. The first quote is about structure and design. Retouching consists of seeing how the skin heals and retains pigment, as well as making the necessary adjustments to achieve better symmetry and volume. If the retouching is not done, it is very likely that the makeup will not last the estimated time.
Depending on your skin type and the conditions it is in, we can obtain different results. Each person has a different skin type and based on that and their preferences we can recommend the appropriate technique. There may be clients with different combinations of their skin, but at a general level, let’s classify the types of skin into 3.
Permanent shading with a powder effect or microshading are techniques for any skin type.
Microblading is a technique recommended only for dry or normal skin, but not for oily skin, because the lines are probably not very defined. In these cases of oily skin, permanent shading with a powder effect or microshading provide better and longer-lasting results.
It should last from 6 months to 3 years depending on skin type, lifestyle, and aftercare. The color will fade over time until only a very light shadow remains. An annual color refresh is recommended. If the following applies to you, your tattoo will fade faster and you may need to come back for a touch-up sooner than expected (6-10 months average).
- Oily skin
- You exercise 5 to 7 days a week consistently (sweat, salt, oil production)
- Chemical / facial peels / microdermabrasions / retinol (constant exfoliation) is performed
- In the sun (having an outdoor lifestyle) and / or using a tanning booth frequently.
- Swimming (exposure to salt and chlorine)
- Iron deficiency (i.e. anemic)
- Frequent smoker
- Certain medications will also increase discoloration.
And the answer is no. It is super important that you know that before starting the treatment we make the design on your eyebrows with a pencil making the most of your hairs so that it looks super natural and we only remove a little bit of hair that is outside of this design. Once you approve and are satisfied with the shape and thickness then we will begin the procedure.
Clients always say they don’t want too dark brows. Don’t worry, we will customize the color to use for your eyebrows based on your hair color, eyes, skin, natural pigmentation and preferences. The intensity of the tone will depend on how marked you want to show off your eyebrows.
During the procedure most of the materials are disposable. All needles are single-use, come in a sterile package, and are discarded after each customer. Gloves are worn at all times during the procedure and are discarded upon completion. All surfaces between each client are cleaned and disinfected to avoid cross contamination.
- The area worked will appear to be darker and bolder in color and sharper in definition. Over the next 2 days, it will appear even darker and thicker as the scabs begin to form. It takes up to 10 days for the scabs to disappear.
- Swelling and redness are minimal in most clients and will disappear in 24 to 36 hours. In some cases, it can last around the brow area for up to 3 days, but it won’t stop you from working or socializing. The treated area may feel a bit like a sunburn afterward, but there should be minimal discomfort.
- DO NOT use water, cleansers, creams, makeup, or any other product on the treated area for 10 days (except as provided in the aftercare booklet).
- DO NOT apply makeup to the tattooed area for the first 7 days.
- DO NOT pinch or scratch the scabs / dry / peeling skin; drop it naturally. Pinching can cause scarring and premature pigment and hair loss and even infection. IMPORTANT: Once the scales have fallen off, a shiny layer of healing skin will completely cover the tattoo. It may appear that the tattooed area has completely disappeared. Within 1-2 weeks, the tattoo will slowly reappear in a lighter shade as your skin regenerates.
- Avoid direct sun exposure or tanning for 3-4 weeks after the procedure.
- Avoid heavy sweating for the first 10 days.
- NO facials, botox, chemical treatments and microdermabrasion for 4 weeks.
- Avoid sleeping on your stomach for the first 10 days.
- The complete healing process takes at least 4 weeks, at which point the true color of the tattoo will be apparent.
- During this process, your tattoo will soften and lighten. Be patient, even if you think too much color has been lost, as your skin is still naturally regenerating and exfoliating. Wait at least 4 weeks to see true color as it appears to gain new strength, and only after 4 weeks can touch-up / adjustment be done. IMPORTANT: keep in mind that the hair strokes will be much lighter and not strong after curing.
- Once the treated area is fully healed, any changes or additions that need to be made can be made at your follow-up appointment within 4-8 weeks. Remember, it generally takes at least 2 treatments to achieve the desired results. The first quote is about building hair strokes, structure and design. Your touch-up consists of seeing how the skin heals and retains pigment, in addition to achieving better symmetry and volume.
- Exposure to the sun over time can cause discoloration of the pigment. Once it is fully healed, you can apply sunscreen to the treated area. Wear large sunglasses and a hat for added protection. Rinse and dry the area thoroughly when it comes in contact with bleach.
- Glycolic acid and facial exfoliation products should be kept away from the tattooed area, as continued use could lighten the pigment.
- If you are going to have laser resurfacing or laser hair removal after your tattoo has healed, please inform the laser technician. Continue at your own discretion. Laser procedures can darken, lighten, or discolor the tattooed area.
- If you are going to have an MRI scan in the future, you should inform the technician that you have been tattooed with iron oxide pigments.